For these reasons, NV5 Transaction Services offers the following additional services:
- Geotechnical Engineering Services
- Owner's Rep Services
- PML – Probable Maximum Loss Survey
- Asbestos Surveys and Operations & Maintenance Planning (O&Ms)
- Lead Based Paint Surveys and O&Ms
- Moisture Minimization Plan
- Radon Surveys
- ADA Studies (Tier I, II and III)
- Façade and Envelope Assessments
- Mechanical, Electrical Plumbing (MEP) Services
- Construction Loan Monitoring
Contact us for more information at 1-800-787-8397 ext. 854.
What is a PML?
The Probable Maximum Loss Survey (PML) is prepared to estimate the probable repair costs of building structural components as a percentage of the replacement value of the building – excluding contents, equipment and architectural elements – in the event of an earthquake. The PML considers the 475-year seismic event. The site survey is based on a random, limited inspection of interior and exterior areas, a review of available documents, and a review of information provided by representatives of the property owner. It does not include physical testing. The recommendations and cost estimates provided in the report are intended to serve as general guidelines to be used in future repair, maintenance and capital improvement decisions. The implementation of such recommendations will require specific details prepared by a licensed engineer or architect.