Preparation of the Phase I ESA (ASTM E1527-13) is overseen by an Environmental Professional and includes the following:
- Historical sources
- Radius map search of the local, state, tribal and federal databases
- Regulatory interviews of state and local government officials
- Owner/occupant interviews – past and present – shall be attempted
- Site reconnaissance performed under the charge of an Environmental Professional – including property structures; periphery of the property; current and past uses of the property; obvious geologic, hydro-geologic and topographic conditions; roads; and potential hazardous substances
- Non-scope considerations including radon and visual inspections of lead-based paint, asbestos and mold potential. Testing is not included in the basic report but can be conducted for an additional fee
A written report of our observations and conclusions will be prepared and presented in accordance with standard practices.